Friday, January 3, 2020
Don’t be Scared of Brussels Sprouts, here’s Why!
1)With frozen Brussels Sprouts take out a bowl full wash under water, cut in halves.
2)Wash and cut a half of an onion or more depending on your liking.
3) Wash and dice up some tomatoes however many you want. (10-15 or less minutes prep if your not steady with a knife or talking on phone at the same time)
Cooking:(20-30 minutes or less depends on how frozen veggies are, how brown do you want it)
1) Put your skillet on medium heat, pour about 1/4 cup of oil you need enough to coat the skillet
2) Put in Brussels Sprouts and onions try to lay Brussels Sprouts on flat cut side
3) Shake Pink Himalayan Salt ( that’s my everyday salt use your salt) and black pepper all over about 2 seconds of each worth.
4) Watch for browning then stir and flip everything around then season some more, if vegetables are sticking to skillet add more oil (about 2 tablespoons) and slightly lower the heat.
5) When onions are golden and Brussels Sprouts have some browning and not cold inside ( so take a fork get a big one slice it in half is it cold, warm, or hot?) now throw in your tomatoes add more seasoning and stir all together.
6) Let the tomatoes slightly soften then cut off heat cover with top.
7) Meal will continue to cook so I eat this right away and I have the plates on the counter ready to serve otherwise mushy vegetables will begin and I do not like that! Also remove from its place so it can stop heating as quick if you don’t plan on eating within 10-15 minutes.
May sound like a lot but it’s not preparation is key along with confidence and keeping an eye on it so it does not burn! Happy cooking, on to the next blog post.