1) I used Ronzoni Gluten Free Elbow Pasta because it was on sale at Kroger. I got a handful to put in the glass bowl this probably measured a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta.
2) Cover pasta with water until it reaches a 1/4 of an inch above all the pasta.
3) Then take frozen broccoli, I got the Kroger brand, a handful amount and rinse under water. Then add to pasta.
4) I usually precut onions regularly so I took a 1/4 cup of onions raw and put them in pasta and broccoli. 4a) Add seasonings. I used Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Ground Pepper and Oregano, 2-3 shakes each, go according to your taste.
5) Put in the microwave on medium high to high depending upon power of your microwave, and set for 6 minutes. It will be HOT so use a oven mitt or towel to help pull it out, stir around briefly then test pasta if to your liking, eat! If not soft enough add a little more warm water if water has went under pasta level, then put back in microwave for 3 minutes at same temperature.
6) Time to eat! Take out pasta dish with a oven mitt or towel, stir, plate it up and ENJOY!
This can vary in time but ultimately it is still quicker than the stove top way and that’s what I was going for! So on to my next meal project and on to the next blog post.
Comment and subscribe to my YouTube channel, C.LynnsArt of Cooking and follow me on Instagram @clynnsart for the latest creations.